Valley Counseling Services offers treatment supports for older adults to help them remain emotionally healthy and live independently even when faced with illness, the loss of a spouse or other issues that are a normal part of aging. We help the sun shine in their lives.
Symptoms of mental illness in older adults are easy to overlook and often dismissed as the result of aging. However, mental health treatment is just as important for elderly individuals as it is for younger adults.
If an elderly person in your life has experienced the following symptoms for more than two weeks, please consider accessing services:
- Persistent sadness, hopelessness, or “emptiness”
- Restlessness or irritability
- Fatigue or lack of motivation
- Changes in dietary habits and weight fluctuations
- Thoughts of suicide or death
- Unexplained aches and pains